Accounting services have been provided by O'Neills in Harford County for over 75 years. Specializing in Farm and Small Business accounting services, the staff includes full-time year-round accounting professionals and seasonal full-time tax preparers. Payroll and bookkeeping services are provided in addition to annual income tax returns preparation. Aimee C. O'Neill is experienced in IRS Audit reviews as well as Estate Accounting and consultation.
Click on the forms listed below to assist you in gathering the information to prepare your annual income tax returns:
Reminders: Significant Penalties apply for failure to file 1099's by January 31, 2018!
- Forms 1099 must be issued to all contractors to whom you have paid $ 600.00 or more for labor - Forms 1099 must be issued by in-home services as well as business owners. - Forms 1099 must be issued by JANUARY 31, 2018. Click here for 1099 instructions.
- Forms 1099 must be issued to independent contractors. Corporate entities are exempt from the requirement to issue a 1099 EXCEPT for attorneys and veterinarians
- It is recommended that all payors who are required to issue a 1099 have the required W-9 completed by the payee (recipient). Click here for the W-9 form
- 2018 Mileage reimbursement rate is 54 1/2 cents per mile
- Contemporaneous recording and quarterly reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses is required of all employees and business owners. A mobile app which may be useful for recording reimbursable business expenses is AUTOKEPT
-Maryland Earned Sick & Safe Leave Employee Notice
The Maryland Paid Sick and Safe Leave Legislation, although vetoed by Governor Hogan in in 2017, was enacted by the Maryland Legislation, effective February 11, 2018.
Attached and posted on the O'Neill Enterprises Website (www.oneillenterprises.com/accounting) is a series of FAQ's which will assist you in implementing this legislation.
Note that employers with 15 or more full and part time employees are required to provide PAID sick/safe leave.
Employers with less than 15 full and part time employees are required to provide UNPAID sick/safe leave.
Certain Agricultural employers are exempt, as are other specific classes of employers.
If you are an employer, you must become familiar with this legislation and implement compliance practices in your office.
Aimee O'Neill is available to provide assistance in navigating the impact of this legislation on your business.
- Our tax accounting staff - Aimee O'Neill, Mary Lou Hoopes, Sissy Riordan & Shirley Jones look forward to the opportunity to provide tax accounting services.
- O'Neills accepts and transmits ACH payments in addition to traditional credit card payment. Cash and Checks continue to be accepted.
- Secure and Encrypted transmittal of all tax information is available through the O'Neills' Portal subscription. Please contact our office to arrange to send and/or receive your information in an electronic format through the Portal system. Email (email@example.com
) and fax transmission (410-836-0772) are alternate options.
Please call the office to schedule an appointment to meet with a tax preparer. The office is open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Evening and Saturday appointments are required. Plan to spend 10 to 15 minutes when you stop in to deliver tax information. Appointments with a preparer must be confirmed.
We look forward to serving your tax and accounting needs and the opportunity to "catch-up" on your news from the past year!
May you be blessed with All Good Gifts!
Aimee & Company